Austro-Libertarian Natural Order Philosophy From Indyeah

Individualistic Austro-Libertarian Natural Order Philosophy From Indyeah

Monday, August 24, 2009

Building A Small Temple Of Learning

I debuted on LewRockwell.com yesterday. The article is titled “Austrians! The Indian Market Beckons,” and it argues that there is a market for Austrian economics (or catallactics) in India. Many letters have poured in extending support to the idea. These have come from students, from teachers, from activists, and even from investors. With all this encouragement, I hope to take the idea fast-forward.

In particular, this letter from a young American student was hugely inspiring:

I read your article today on lewrockwell.com and must say I found it very moving and inspiring. I am a 25 year old American citizen who is trying to become as educated in free market economics and Austrian Economics as possible via the internet and websites such as mises.org but I must confess I have found myself experiencing the same want of a formal Austrian Economics university or college as the students you mentioned in your article. I truly hope your vision of a temple of learning in India reaches fruition, I think it would be a phenomenal event for India as a nation and possibly a huge move forward for the world as a whole, as well. I believe the demand is so strong, I would legitimately look into leaving my home country of the United States to travel and learn in such an Austrian taught institute of learning in India, if it were ever realized. Thank you for sharing your phenomenal article.


I also facebooked the idea some days back – and received encouraging responses immediately from many students.

Now, there is some good news that I would like to add; and that is, Lew Rockwell has written to me saying that the Mises Institute would be willing to extend intellectual support to the venture. All I now need is a suitable edupreneur. And I am looking.

Read “Austrians! The Indian Market Beckons” here.

5 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Kudos to you Sauvik.

    Just wanted to recount something that happened to me recently.Since I am the only one at my workplace with CFA (US)credentials,my colleagues invited me to talk to them (over 100 of them) about economics. I jumped at the idea and essentially gave them the austrian version totally eschewing keynes -which is the CFA version. They loved it -especially the real meaning of inflation.People are astounded to know that the RBI can actually print money without any limits .many still think that we are in a gold standard! this just means that a true gold standard would find supportes amongst the laymen.
    everyone lapped up Bastiat with live examples from Cash for clunkers! and NREGA and the illogical minimum wage. all i needed was to temper my argumentative tone and people were soon arriving at the right conclusions on their own. it was a happy day for me at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just want to say this is an awesome idea, and I hope you succeed! As an example of the sort of lunatics our country is currently producing, you may want to visit Kafila.org. I think the site's policy is to ensure no word is less than 15 letters long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sauvik,

    Congratulations!!!

    This is indeed a heartening news and you really deserve it. I wish you get that great break through soon, in the form of finding "a suitable edupreneur".

    Best
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Sauvik. Hope this works. I'd surely encourage my son to join here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all - and, Ramesh, your words are really encouraging. Thank you for all the +ve vibrations.

    ReplyDelete