Austro-Libertarian Natural Order Philosophy From Indyeah

Individualistic Austro-Libertarian Natural Order Philosophy From Indyeah

Friday, June 18, 2010

On Kaya... In The Monsoon


April and May were unbearably hot here in Goa. So when the monsoons finally hit us on Monday, it was bliss. Clouds kept the blazing sun away permanently; it has been raining off and on ever since; it is cool. Unfortunately, all our "narco tourists" have returned home and, for those left behind, getting a "decent smoke" is proving impossible. I haven't managed to score in weeks. Nor have two friends of mine who live nearby. This really gets my goat.

In my head, in this weather, Marley plays his lovely song:

Gotta have kaya now,
For the rain is falling.


"Kaya" is another Jamaican word for ganja. Marley has a great album of the same name, in which the above is the title song. Every song in that album is on ganja. My favourite is "Easy skankin'" which begins:

Excuse me while I light my spliff...

This impossibility of getting ganja when you need it bad really pisses me off. It makes me smoke too many cigarettes - and fouls up my mood. I frown and scowl all the time. I do not enjoy anything - not even music. Not even blogging.

So if you don't see fresh posts on this blog for some time, you know why. If you are in Goa and can help, please do so - write in. If one of my students from my years in Mangalore is reading this, I hope he will be duly activated. You can find me on Facebook quite easily.

Mangalore reminds me of the time when the fucked-up State Police locked me up half-a-dozen times for just smoking grass. This is a Liberty I will fight to the death for. Smokers of the Noble herb deserve the right to smoke unmolested by the fucked-up State Police. Farmers of this great "cash crop" need Liberty too. My dream is to do to the spliff what Henry Ford did to the automobile: mass manufacture them. Then we won't have to spend twelve and a half minutes rolling one. We can draw two huge spliffs out of a packet and smoke them, one in each hand. We can sing the Marley song in plural:

Excuse me while I light my spliffs...


Ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. And we shall sit on a beach with the sun setting behind us. and we shall light a joint, already rolled and packaged by a particular marijuana company. they come in different prices from the hash in the hills of north india to the golden weed in Kerala.

    ReplyDelete