Austro-Libertarian Natural Order Philosophy From Indyeah

Individualistic Austro-Libertarian Natural Order Philosophy From Indyeah

Friday, March 5, 2010

On Self-Publishing

Aristotle the Geek made a comment on my post of yesterday suggesting that I "self-publish" my books.

No thanks, Geek. Been there; done that. And I have been published so widely - by Macmillan, by Liberty Institute, by Centre for Civil Society, by Friedrich Naumann Stiftung Für Die Freiheit, by International Policy Network - that I have no need for vanity publishing.

Indeed, I think of myself more like the silk-cotton tree, of which there are several in the Goan village in which I live these days. In the season, when it flowers and "broadcasts" its seeds - and the scientific word "broadcast" is pertinent - the local lanes look as thought they are covered in snow.

I am therefore perfectly happy broadcasting my message, sending the spores abroad. I expect nothing from the process except that some of them might germinate, and grow into mighty trees.

Indeed, self-publishing for free on the internet, through my blog, is the best thing that could have happened for a guy like me. I am now going to put up some more of my unpublished works for free - "broadcast" them. That is "my way."

If someone is motivated, by profit or ideology, to publish some of these works in book form, I would be happy and expect nothing in return. I have enough to survive on.

The Ludwig von Mises Institute is my role model: they broadcast for free.

And Diogenes the Cynic is also my role model:

My message to our The Total Chacha State is:

Don't Stand Between Me And The Sun.

2 comments:

  1. “Don't Stand Between Me And The Sun.”
    ---------
    Wow! This sounds courageous. You really mean it. cheers.

    One interesting quality that this blog has is “Integrity”. Every post follows the same theme of freedom from state.

    Integrity is most important if people want to have an impact. People have to stick to their views.

    They should not change their views as often as they change their underwear (which is what leftist ideologues do all the time).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have uploaded "free your mind" (2nd ed) and "Free Your Life" as well as "Good Morning America" on Scribd and placed the links on Facebook as well.

    Thanks for the tip. Will upload future books on Scribd too.

    ReplyDelete