Austro-Libertarian Natural Order Philosophy From Indyeah

Individualistic Austro-Libertarian Natural Order Philosophy From Indyeah

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Antidote Blog Needs Your Support


This blog has been surviving for three years or so on nothing more than love and fresh air - and my passion for the Philosophy of Liberty. In these three years, readership has grown considerably, and many a reader has written in to encourage this effort. That too has kept me going. The break in blogging over the past 10 days resulted in quite a few letters inquiring as to whether all was well with me, for such long breaks have never ever occurred in the past. When I finally resumed yesterday, a comment came in from a reader who calls himself Greenleaf, which has been published, that began thus:



welcome back.. was afraid you had discontinued this blog permanently. you are the only libertarian voice here and Indians need to understand the concept of liberty. 


Comments such as this sure gladden my heart.


However, the sad truth is that for financial reasons I am unable to continue. Royalties from my published works have not been coming in for many years now. One newspaper has even refused to pay for a published column! My attempts to publish newer works have not succeeded. Perhaps sinister forces are at work - forces from within The State. 


There are others who provide public services of this kind - like Wikipedia or LewRockwell.com - who depend on donations. The Antidote Blog must do so too.


So, if you think this little lamp of Liberty is worth supporting, do write in. I need some big donors - for building an office-cum-residence, equipment, transportation and communication, books, etc.


The battle that lies ahead will be a long one. There are simply too many errors to be demolished. This will take time. This is particularly true of India - where widespread poverty has had the tendency to make "educated" people support strong State action. Of course, as I witness every passing day, this has only made the poor poorer.


Liberty!


I hope some of you will actively support this blog in its efforts to spread this beautiful idea.

5 comments:

  1. Lead the way good sir. We'll help whichever way we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Devil's AdvocateFebruary 5, 2011 at 9:18 PM

    I think you'll be very lucky if people are willing to donate to keep your blog going. Depending on donations, in my opinion, has its own fallouts and is likely to be a difficult and uncertain business. I know you likened yourself to a street musician in an early post, but the life of a street musician is hard and the pennies that come his way few. But good luck, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do I sign up to support your blog? Have you tried services like Flattr?
    Thanks for the writing.

    Cheers,
    Harish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr Mohammed Ali KhanFebruary 12, 2011 at 6:35 AM

    Dear Sir
    How do we support you?
    Please let us.. We can contribute as much as we can..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for offering to support this blog. Anyone wishing to donate may please contact me by email for details. Thank you all once again.

    ReplyDelete